Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm Still Here

In the imortal words of Stephen Sondheim,

Good times and bum times
I've seen them all and my dear
I'm still here.



WOW I suck at blogging, it's been a month again. I'm here, and doing well. I'm loving school and my life seems pretty manageable right now.

So a good friend of mine, actually one of my best is a 34-year-old married Mormon woman. A few weeks ago she got called into see her Bishop. The reason he called her in was because there had been people expressing concern because they thought...

A: She is hanging out with a guy who isn't her husband, they must be having an affair.
or
B: Waterfalls is gay and she shouldn't associate with him.

She called me right away because of how ridiculous it was. I've always had a soft spot for Mormons because I have had some great Mormon friends and love them dearly, but I don't want them getting into trouble at church because of me. When are people going to realize that this is not a choice?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gay LDS Actor said...

I love Sondheim!
Just had to say it.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think any heterosexual will understand it is not a choice, in most part. Homosexuals may have been born with the feeling of attraction for the same sex but no matter what, a choice is made when a person admits to homosexuality. Pretty much denial to not satisfy the temptation.

Is that a reason why religious groups should take away humane right from homosexuals... Heck No!

I am trying to explore the truth. If I am gay, bi, or in a so-called phase. I see that you are in the same pathway, so I wish you the best and that one day you will be happy with yourself.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home